Wednesday, October 12, 2011
001. I decided to go another day without washing my hair. Usually I can usually get away with not washing my hair for two days without it looking gross since it's pretty thick. I had teased my hair the night before and I didn't feel like deep conditioning. It takes quite a while for me to get those pesky knots out. I just put it in a quick bun and called it good.
002. I've been secretly avoiding the cafeteria because I seem to have awkward run-ins with my ex there. It's happened every time I've eaten there so I figured I should just keep my distance for a bit. Thank goodness I got a microwave for my dorm. I really hope this awkwardness will go away though. I just want things back to the way they use to be.
003. Went to the good ol Ortho today. I was dreading it because I really thought they would scold me for not wearing my retainer. But they didn't even notice. I feel like I have a slight shift in my teeth. It's not noticeable unless you look real close though. I haven't been wearing my retainer mainly because it gives me this terrible lisp. It's not cute.
004. After my appointment I decided to go for a walk/run just to clear some thoughts of mine and get some fresh air. It was beautiful out, then all of a sudden Mr gloom came rolling in. I was pretty far from campus and I had a terrible feeling in my gut that I wouldn't make it back before it stormed.. and my gut was right. I was halfway there when it hit and I was running in rain and hail. Thankfully the hail wasn't big, but I really thought I was going to pass out. The cold rain left me breathless and that's no good when you're trying to run. When I was running in the rain I realized I was one of those people that you didn't want to be in that situation. Cars were passing by and I could just read their minds.. It was terribly embarrassing but I made it. I looked like a hot mess when I got back to the dorm. Thankfully the shower was there welcoming me with open arms.
005. Now I'm in my bed, all warm and cozy, eating boo berry cereal from the box. I'm pretty exhausted, I'm not going to lie. It's times like these where I wish I had someone next to me to cuddle with. But I'll look at the bright side, there's more leg room. I enjoy having my bed all to myself.
Hello, I'm Payton.
Writer. Designer. Inspirer.
Welcome to the not-so-private diary of an ambitious twenty-something. I want to let you in on everything that inspires me and has helped me along my journey to living a creative & colorful life.