New year, new goalsMonday, January 2, 2012
Oh hello 2012, you snuck up on me. I feel like 2011 was just yesterday, but really it was just a couple of days ago. I spent the night with old friends and i'm just happy to know that we are all still able to get together after about two years of being out of high school. My dear friend Aubrey will be heading to Scotland to study abroad next semester and words cannot describe how excited and happy I am for her. That's such a wonderful experience and I will be with her every step of the way in spirit.. Although I've made plans to sneak in her suitcase. But anyways, I've realized that I haven't really made any resolutions, so I'm going to make them now.
1. This year is going to consist mostly of work. My goal is to work hard, and a lot hours to save up money for college tuition. I'm going to do everything in my power to make it possible for me to study away from here in a city full of opportunities.
2. Take risks! I've always been very timid when challenges come my way. I need to really take advantage of whats given to me.
3. Become a better communicator. I've always been terrible at public speaking. I want to take this year to improve on my public speaking/presenting skills. I know I'll have to do a lot of it in the future.
4. Become more independent. I'm hoping that I will have the opportunity to move out of my home and into an apartment. It'll be one small baby step towards moving out to a bigger city on my own.
5. Move forward. Don't dwell in the past. There is a broader horizon ahead of me.
6. And of course, last but not least, update this blog more often. I have been pretty terrible about it, but I feel as if I'm getting better. I just need to stick to it.
Cheers to a new year!